After practicing in the IP legal industry at various top tier and boutique IP law practices for many years, Ann Fen founded her own intellectual property firm, Bloom IP. Ann Fen brings to her firm, a wealth of knowledge and close to 10 years of experience in the IP industry.
Ann Fen is a vivacious, friendly and highly experienced IP lawyer, trade marks attorney and qualified mediator. She is also a qualified Notary Public in NSW.
Ann Fen advises on the full spectrum of trade mark matters, including brand selection, trade mark registration and prosecution (both locally and internationally), trade mark searching and watching, trade mark opposition and non-use removal actions. Ann Fen also specialises in advising on international branding strategy, IP portfolio management and entertainment law.
She has advised a number of companies on IP protection issues both locally and in an international setting. Ann Fen’s clients come from all kinds of backgrounds including emerging singers and songwriters, artist management companies with presence in the USA, Australia and Asia, health care service companies, online retailers, cafes, SMEs in the IT/telecommunications and electronics industries and multinational computer and electronics manufacturers.
Ann Fen is also a knowledgeable, engaging and active public speaker. She has been a keynote speaker for IP Australia (at MyBiz Expo) and numerous other events including networking functions for the Australian Malaysian Business Council (held by SV Partners). She has also chaired, facilitated and spoken at in-house seminars and small group workshops. Ann Fen has also written a number of articles in IP including an article about IP risk management and exporting overseas which was published by the Australian export magazine, Dynamic Export, in 2010.
- Trade Mark Registration and Prosecution
- Trade Mark Searching and Opinions on Registrability and Infringement
- Trade Mark Oppositions
- Trade Mark Removals for Non-Use and Revocation Actions
- Trade Mark Watching and Surveillance
- Intellectual Property Portfolio Management
- Intellectual Property Licensing, Transfers and Assignments
- Passing off and Related Actions
- Copyright Law
- Confidentiality Issues
- Entertainment Law
- Online Branding and Marketing
- Notary Public of New South Wales
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Registered Australian Trade Mark Attorney
- Mediator (Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators)
- Member of the Law Society of New South Wales
- Member of the Society of Notaries of New South Wales
- Notarial Practice Course – College of Law
- The Practitioner’s Certificate in Mediation – Institute of Arbitrators & Mediators
- Masters of Intellectual Property Law – University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Laws – Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology – Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – Queensland University of Technology